Unhappy with the product and the customer service

• SoaresMGL

Hi,

In October I registered myself in congstar and bought the Homespot XL. I had to buy a mobile hotspot from somewhere else because the congstar's was out-of-stock.

When I received both the SIM and the hotspot I was at my workplace and I immediately tried it and it works working perfectly. I went home and tried to connect to the hotspot and it didn't work.

After many attempts with the support trying to get someone who would speak at least basic English, they told me that I can only use it in a single place and I would have to pay 20Eur to change the device's location.
    I told them that I bought the service for my apartment, not my workplace and the address in the website was correct and the device wasn't working where it was supposed to.
    After this the support made the change to the same address and said to wait up to 24h, which I did and nothing happened.

After many more attempts with the support I cancelled the service where I was told that I would have to pay October and November.
    Ok, October was fine because I used it a few times at work since I didn't have the chance to use it at home.
    So here starts the strange thing.

I bought a service for 40Eur/Month with NO DEVICE, I was expecting to pay 40Eur on October, right?
    No, today I just received an invoice for October with the amount of 70Eur.

This is surreal, so I'm going to pay 70Eur + 40 (Or 70 again?) for a few days of usage?
    Is this a scam?

I understand that I have to pay the october because i used the service indeed, but 70Eur when I bought the service for 40? And I will have to pay November?
    I'm really tired of all this bullshit.

• Hilfreichste Antwort
  • Hallo @SoaresMGL,
    You have to pay 70 € for October, which includes the basic price for the Homespot XL ( 40,00 €) and the one-time provision fee ( 30,00 €). We have even given you a credit of €20.00, the price of moving the site. Your contract ends on 30.11.18 because your cancellation reached us on 22.10.18, so 30.11.18 is the cancellation date. In other words, for the month of November 40,00€ will be charged.
    Regards Patrick

11871-congstarhilfe4-pngIch bin hier - um dir zu helfen!
    Damit ich auf dein Kundenkonto zugreifen darf, trage bitte deine Daten in dein Forenprofil ein.
    Gut zu wissen: Allgemeine Themen | Tarif- & Produktberatung | Homespot-Tarife | DSL & Festnetz | Handys
    Schau mal rein: Thema der Woche | Created | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

• SoaresMGL

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the clarification on the 70€ invoice.
    But you didn't give me any credit at all.

I bought the service for my apartment and it didn't work there, you gave me 20€ in credit so you could change the address TO THE SAME I had. And after that I still didn't have service at home.
    The service only worked at my workplace, the first place I tried it.

As I said, I comprehend about the first invoice, but why should I pay the invoice for november? I didn't receive what I bought.
    I wanted internet at home and after several attempts with the support I never had it.

Regards,
    Leandro Soares

• Tobias

Hello @SoaresMGL,

your Homespot-contract is still active and usable at the spot of registration, that´s why it is regulary charged for november. I see, that there was a changing of your registration-adress, which we gave you the 20 € credit for.

I can´t comprehend if your actual spot is the one u asked for, because we can´t work with your sensible data (adress) here. So please make contact with us at the congstar-chat (Menu item top).

Greetings
    Tobi

• SoaresMGL

The address is correct but the service doesn't work there.
    You made the the 20Eur change to the same address to see if the issue would be resolved which it didn't.
    I'm just saying that it's unfair to pay the service if I can't use it for the purpouse I bought it for.

I paid the service for my street but it doesn't work there.

• Dear SoaresMGL,

The usage address of the congstar Homespot tariff was changed to the contract address on 13.10.2018. As of this date, use at the workplace was no longer possible.

Can you confirm this as I am missing a few dates here?

Sincerly,
    Fynn

Damit ich auf dein Kundenkonto zugreifen darf, trage bitte deine Daten in dein Forenprofil ein.
    Gut zu wissen: Allgemeine Themen | Tarif- & Produktberatung | Homespot-Tarife | DSL & Festnetz | Handys
    Schau mal rein: Thema der Woche | Created | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

• SoaresMGL

Hi,

The address now is the same as the address before.
    My workplace is the only location where I can use it and it doesn't work in my home. This was my initial problem and the reason why I cancelled the service.
    I bought it for my home and I can't use it here.

Regards,
    Leandro Soares

• OK, I'm afraid I can't explain. So I pass it on to our technical department, which will check if the address is really registered.

Regards,
    Fynn